Davekat contest (with semi-awesome prizes!)
So I’ve decided to host a Davekat related contest, because there is never enough Davekat. This is not going to be just a regular giveaway (sorry, you actually have to work for this stuff), but you will be getting cool things if you win.
- For this contest, you must submit your entry to me (my submission box is currently open. You can submit art in ANY media. This means drawing, painting, cosplaying, writing, music, sculpting, poetry, rap, games, crochet… whatever. As long as YOU made it and it’s Davekat related, you can submit it.
- DO. NOT. SUBMIT. OTHER. PEOPLE’S. WORK. I swear if you do this you will automatically be disqualified and I will block you permanently. Don’t do it. I will do extensive research on every piece before I judge it.
- Your work must have been created on or after December 1st, 2013. Don’t submit things that you’ve already made. The point of this contest is to bring out new Davekat stuff.
- In order for this contest to be successful, I’d like it if at least 10 people entered. If at least 10 people don’t enter, I’ll have to cancel it, so make sure you spread this post around like wildfire.
- You can enter as many times as you like, but you can only win once, as there will be only one winner to begin with.
- Submissions must be in no later than 11:59PM eastern time on December 31st, 2013. This gives you almost a month, and I will judge the winners on the new year. I may extend the date if enough people enter and if enough complaints about the time limit arise, but for now, try to work with a month.
- You must be comfortable giving me your address so that I can mail you your prizes
- Artwork and such CAN be NSFW, but keep in mind that I’m judging and I don’t typically go for that sort of thing unless it’s absolutely gorgeous. Also don’t submit nude images of yourself. I don’t want to see it, and for legal reasons, it’s best not to go there.
- Please try to spread this around. Even if you’re not thinking of entering, it helps to get it out there.
As you folks may know, I like to make stuff, and I have some resources leftover, so you can choose THREE of the following items:
- One hand-crocheted hat with Karkat’s horns on it. The base color can be red, gray, white, or black.
- A surprise Davekat scarf. I don’t have a design drawn up for this yet, but it could either be Davekat colors or if I’m not too busy with work, it might have their symbols running down it. We’ll see.
- A pair of handmade troll horns. They can be either Karkat’s or troll Dave’s.
- A small bag of InstaMorph. That’s meltable plastic pellets that are basically amazing for making troll teeth.
- Dave and Karkat patches, cross-stitched. They’ll have the character’s faces on them. Excellent for sewing onto backpacks or handbags.
That’s all I really have for you right now. Feel free to make suggestions for prizes, and I might add some more. Also, if I get a lot of participants, I might let you pick more than three prizes. We’ll see!
this is still a thing, by the way!
23 notes | Reblogged: (via